What are you reading?

$lave

Staff member
High rep power
I just finished the new George santos book and Elon’s biography. I may finish kotkin’s stalin, the rise and fall of the third reich, or read smth else next. What are you reading?

• Lightning
Reactions: IVC
I

IVC

book about genetic determinism by a jew

Determined: A Science of Life Without Free Will is a 2023 nonfiction book by American neuroendocrinology researcher Robert Sapolsky concerning the neurological evidence for or against free will. Sapolsky generally concludes that our choices are determined by our genetics, experience, and environment, and that the common use of the term free will is erroneous.
shopping (12).jpeg

DonDon Patch

Staff member
High rep power
i don't read that often. the last thing i read was crime and punishment months ago which i enjoyed. might read another dostoevsky novel since it's winter break idk.

muttonhead

Voted Best Member
High rep power
Buttholer
sapolsky and sam harris have both argued against the existence of free will like this is a new and exciting idea which hasn't been dismantled by the church fathers a thousand years ago

Last edited:

muttonhead

Voted Best Member
High rep power
Buttholer
im reading Three Ages of the Interior Life by reginald garrigou-lagrange and also Knowing the Love of God by the same author. also halfway through the Bible which i've been chipping away at for 3 months