No Holds Barred General

bemis

Low rep power
That ended up being a great episode overall. I felt like I was a kid listening to call-in radio in the car with my dad again. I'm gonna start archiving these spaces

$lave

Staff member
High rep power
for sure i like how its developing its own cool cohesive vibe

bemis

Low rep power
am I retarded for wishing they had those audio inserts that they have on the radio where it's like the wrestling announcer "N-N-N-NO HOLDS BARRED" *airhorn 4x* *guitar riff* *explosion* (interspersed throughout the show)

$lave

Staff member
High rep power
am I retarded for wishing they had those audio inserts that they have on the radio where it's like the wrestling announcer "N-N-N-NO HOLDS BARRED" *airhorn 4x* *guitar riff* *explosion* (interspersed throughout the show)
That’d b neat. I’ve been thinking about adding an ep to out radio station. Would be cool 2 format it like a gta radio station with admins and all

$lave

Staff member
High rep power

DaltonClodfelter

Low rep power
FAMOUS E-CELEB
I’d love to hire some people to do that but it’s expensive tbh. I looked around on Fiver and we just aren’t making enough in the show to throw more money into it than we already have. I’m spending about $200 a month on the show already.

bemis

Low rep power
Gab sucks, because it took the format of Twitter/X and re-implemented it, while subverting the ultimate end of the format, which is to foster communities. By making Gab explicitly political (and furthermore explicitly right-wing), Torba (who is a good dude) took the first step towards ensuring Gab fails. Wignat's have the same problem, wherein they've got a contrived worldview that they try to superimpose on top of systems they are beholden to (what I mean by this is they mistake a subsystem of the human system as a closed system in and of itself--finance is a subset of the human system and bad financial analysis ignores this).

What you end up with is people with a very flimsy, two-dimensional mode of processing information, as reality quickly presents them with things that don't lend themselves to an explanation in terms they're familiar with. A wignat doesn't understand the intrinsic value of young men sitting around making fun of each other, calling each other gay, being mean to each other, getting in fights--that seems like a waste of time and Evola wasn't brought up even a single time!? They mistakenly think that brotherhood forms from shared highfalutin concepts, and not from very natural, very human, simple proximal interations. Simply put, Wignats don't really understand nature, and presume to know better (despite claiming to worship it).

This is why people need to rally behind NHB and do what they can to support it. Yes, it's a show with some sort of planning and production, but it's not a contrivance. It's clear Dalton thought to himself "I'm making a show" and not "I'm making an American First outlet" (at least explicitly). Likeminded people throughout history end up in pubs, cafes, park benches, etc. It's not the park bench that facilitates the sharing of likeminded ideas--it's the people sitting on the park bench. However, It helps if the bench is enjoyable to sit on. Only a true retard buys black rifle coffee because it "agrees with their beliefs", regular people just want coffee, and they want to talk about a multitude of things with each other. Each random thing a potential tendril of brotherhood seeking a counterpart.

NHB is important because it's a forum that is conducive to those simple interactions that foster brotherhood between people in a way that goes beyond crudely constructed ideology. Using the tide as an example, small tucked away pockets that trap the receding tide foster new life as the materia for life is naturally coelesced in a sequestered area. When the tide comes in that same materia, having conglomerated in some fashion, spreads out. When we get behind stuff like NHB, we're giving nature a chance to work it's magic, and we're putting our faith in a system that knows better than us.

Last edited: