- post-punk

gay genres for faggots, pseuds, poseurs, and niggers:
- everything you like

mad?

:smug:

DonDon Patch

Staff member
High rep power
the vast majority of all people listen to the same SHIT that has the same chord progressions and generic inoffensive bland singing. or they listen to some autistic bullshit from another medium like video game music because they don't know how to find actual music / are 12 years old. or they listen to aesthetic terrorism like almost all metal (or worse, things like grunge and post-grunge (buttrock)). or they listen to jungle jogger "music" (LOL!!)

tl;dr i am superior to all of you. you should kill yourself. and the beatles are overrated. :m&m:

glownjf36

Low rep power
You got me with the last one, do you have like a playlist for these genres?

bemis

Low rep power
- midwest emo
- minimal techno
- free improvisation
- art pop
- avant-prog
- krautrock
- american primitive guitar
- psychedelic folk
- electroacoustic
- spectralism
- chamber music
- baroque music
- musique concrète
- sound art
- impressionism
- romanticism

genres that should be good, but are mostly full of garbage:
- power electronics
- black metal
- neofolk
- harsh noise
- post-punk

gay genres for faggots, pseuds, poseurs, and niggers:
- everything you like

mad?

:smug:
Post Punk definitely has a ton of garbage in it, I think that's because the genre is one of those "aesthetics-first" subcultures. A lot of people have a bad take on it and think it's some kind of neo-greaser thing. Blackest Ever Black, Downwards, Hospital Productions, are the three labels I consistently found good Post Punk artists under but they're not immune to the campy bullshit entirely. here is an old playlist it's more on the atmospheric side, might not be for everyone.

DonDon Patch

Staff member
High rep power
Post Punk definitely has a ton of garbage in it, I think that's because the genre is one of those "aesthetics-first" subcultures. A lot of people have a bad take on it and think it's some kind of neo-greaser thing. Blackest Ever Black, Downwards, Hospital Productions, are the three labels I consistently found good Post Punk artists under but they're not immune to the campy bullshit entirely. here is an old playlist it's more on the atmospheric side, might not be for everyone.
your link doesn't work for me but from my cursory research, blackest ever black is not a post-punk label (and has possibly never issued a single post-punk album) and everything ur saying about post-punk doesn't make sense to me so i feel like you might just be calling things "post-punk" that i would not consider to be post-punk

bemis

Low rep power
your link doesn't work for me but from my cursory research, blackest ever black is not a post-punk label (and has possibly never issued a single post-punk album) and everything ur saying about post-punk doesn't make sense to me so i feel like you might just be calling things "post-punk" that i would not consider to be post-punk
BEB isn't a genre-specific label, they just happen to have a number of post punk artists that they release, as with Downwards. Eyeless in Gaza (a really old post punk name) did some newer stuff with Downwards. You've also got some people like Silent Servant (RIP) who produce mainly in another genre but release some post-punk tracks under an alias. If you're the type who gets very taxonomical about genres maybe I don't drill down far enough into the particulars to suit your taste, I don't get too into it like that. I'll come up with my own genre if it's descriptive. For example I'd call Vatican Shadow "Military Industrial."

bemis

Low rep power
A long long time ago I wrote a little web-radio that lets you submit youtube/visio/etc links to it, and it plays whatever you submit over a shared streaming endpoint. Was like everyone in a chatroom could DJ together. It'd be cool to have a MEM thing like that, I'm always up for hearing what other people are into.

DonDon Patch

Staff member
High rep power
A long long time ago I write a little web-radio that lets you submit youtube/visio/etc links to it, and it plays whatever you submit over a shared streaming endpoint. Was like everyone in a chatroom could DJ together. It'd be cool to have a MEM thing like that, I'm always up for hearing what other people are into.
i am too picky and easily annoyed to force myself to listen to other people's music regularly, but if you're interested i can send you my rym handle and you can look through everything i have listened to etc.