good youtube video essayists

DonDon Patch

Staff member
High rep power
what are some good video essay channels i can watch while i eat lunch
video game analysis, film criticism, soy leftist content -- idc as long as it's well-made and at least slightly thought-provoking

some that i like:

- jeffiot
- hbomberguy
- asumsaus
- action button
- folding ideas
- big joel
- nick robinson
- innuendo studios
- summoning salt
- pop culture detective

Mooop

Low rep power
my friend keeps sending me this guy, i like the style except its very millennial

$lave

Staff member
High rep power
-nexpo
-steinful
-disrupt
-harmony
-horses
-exed eternal

mochi

High rep power
nexpo shouldn't even count as a video essay channel, i hate him so much man. he makes the most dumbest reaches in logic, especially when trying to connect 2 different and treats everything like a retarded creepypasta, talks in an obnoxiously unnatural slow voice and generally has no idea what the hell he's talking about. he's made at least 3 different videos about things people that i know have done and basically everything he's said about them is just incorrect. he treats the audience like children because they might as well be, and he might as well be too.

embarrassing melodramatic editing and the lame stock dark ambient music is also embarrassing when mixed in with the embarrassing narration. plus he keeps trying to fit EVERY SINGLE THING about everything he talks about into some frame of Woah... This is so dark and scary dude.... Woah.... That's messed up and so weird....
oh sorry i mean Woah..... This is.... So....... Dark and, scary, dude...... Woah.... That's.... Messed u,p and.... So..... Weird....

I HAT ENEXPO I HATE NEXPO I HATE NEXPO i hate nexpo

$lave

Staff member
High rep power
i never pay attention 2 his vids i just like how they sound when having them on in the background

DonDon Patch

Staff member
High rep power
tim rogers lived in japan for 10 years and yet his girlfriend is chinese
how do you fuck up that badly

DonDon Patch

Staff member
High rep power

i clicked on section 5 out of curiosity, like just to see what he was spending so long talking about, and it hooked me till the end of the video and now it's 5AM

:tiger: