Favorite anime?

Clovis

Low rep power
My favorites of what I've watched/read in the last 12 months or so:

1. Vinland Saga
2. Jujutsu Kaisen
3. Thermae Romae
4. One Piece (not up to date at all though)
5. Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead

I've only really had the time for newgen and normie anime, lately, besides a few days of binge-reading Thermae Romae. I promise I'm not a complete poser.

All time favorites:

1. Guren Lagann
2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
4. One Piece (even just what I've seen)
5. Vinland Saga (i'm manga only doe :embarrassed:)
6. Thermae Romae
7. Dragon Ball Z
8. Dragon Pilot
9. Ouran High School Host Club
10. A tie between Jujutsu Kaisen and SAO: Alicization

I like cool anime and manga where cool things happen, and anything with an interesting art style. JoJo's and Vinland Saga stuck out to me so much in part because their art directions are so distinct compared to a lot of anime and manga. Otherwise, I like anime with good energy to them, and I'm partial to oddities within the medium; Thermae Romae is a manga about a Roman guy who time travels to modern Japanese bathhouses and uses the innovations he discovers to become a really famous bathhouse builder. It's completely absurd, but not in the schlocky overstimulating way most Japanese media attempts to be absurd; remarkable historical accuracy, gentle and good humor, and the mangaka's thinly veiled obsession with Rome and Italian men converge into an organically strange and fascinating experience, even if it is at the same time small-scale, campy, and straight-forward. For the little girl lovers, Dragon Pilot is really good; a shy girl joins the Japanese air force and finds out her unit flies dragons disguised as fighter jets. I think it's also vore fetish content, but it's easy enough to look past it when the girls are adorable and the weird science fantasy stuff is combined with cool plane stuff and cute slice-of-life antics. The ED is also the main characters singing "Le Temps De La Rentrée" by France Gall. Nessuno put me onto it when he posted that in the J-den like two years ago. Thanks, Nessuno!

lookingupnotdown

Low rep power
Made in abyss. Samurai X the ova. Gunsmith cats manga and ova. Legends of galatic heros. Hmmmm. For normigroid tier. Love is war, nagatoro (my military friend irl who had a 16yr old gf had every volume in his dorm :embarrassed:), and torodora. Real incels understand...

Nemkris

Low rep power
in terms of more serious shows

girls last tour
Did you read the manga? The ending left an impression.
My favorites are:
Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous)
Working!
Madoka Magica
NHK
and Saiki Kusuo is IMO the funniest anime ever
I mostly like sad animes and media in general. I think that art is only truly good if it can make you sad in a good way.

Also, I saw some people mentioning Monogatari which I enjoyed (and it has the best character designs ever) but I felt like I didn't get the overarching story if there even was any.

lookingupnotdown

Low rep power
Did you read the manga? The ending left an impression.
My favorites are:
Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous)
Working!
Madoka Magica
NHK
and Saiki Kusuo is IMO the funniest anime ever
I mostly like sad animes and media in general. I think that art is only truly good if it can make you sad in a good way.

Also, I saw some people mentioning Monogatari which I enjoyed (and it has the best character designs ever) but I felt like I didn't get the overarching story if there even was any.
overaching plot of monogatari is to lead the viewer into being a pedophile who wants to fuck all the hot lolis :oops:

BlackpilledNEET

Low rep power
  1. KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World!(And it's spin-offs)
  2. Hinamatsuri
  3. One Punch Man
These are my favorites. I also have physical copies of each volume of the manga or light novel for each of these series.
Some honorable mentions(in no particular order):
Goblin Slayer
Overlord
Youjo Senki
Spy x Family
Re: Zero
Welcome to the N.H.K.
Naruto
Azumanga Daioh
Mob Psycho 100
Boko No Hero Academia
Isekai Ojisan
Jin-Roh
Lucky Star
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Frieren: Beyond Journey's End
Jujutsu Kaisen

If you haven't watched/read my top 3 favorites, PLEASE DO! You won't regret watching them.

Last edited:

PoopEater3million

Low rep power
  1. KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World!(And it's spin-offs)
  2. Hinamatsuri
  3. One Punch Man
These are my favorites. I also have physical copies of each volume of the manga or light novel for each of these series.
Some honorable mentions(in no particular order):
Goblin Slayer
Overlord
Youjo Senki
Spy x Family
Re: Zero
Welcome to the N.H.K.
Naruto
Azumanga Daioh
Mob Psycho 100
Boko No Hero Academia
Isekai Ojisan
Jin-Roh
Lucky Star
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Frieren: Beyond Journey's End
Jujutsu Kaisen
Isekai ojiasan was funny

bemis

Low rep power
You should watch Kino's Journey. It's about a girl named Kino traveling with a talking motorcycle named Hermes. I had a good friend recommend it to me once and I'm glad I watched it.
1206077.png