Dune Part 2

lookingupnotdown

Low rep power
last time a tried a new jew flick it was oppenheimer. I walked out after the first scene where he said he was a "JEW".... every WN who kept watching after that is a FUCKING GOY who deserves it.... only reason I went to the theater is the hot ginger teller who i had rizzed up the previous night with my friends... by myself i didnt have the courage to ask her phone number. fuck

Clovis

Low rep power
The Dune movies are quite good. I don't like the armor designs very much but everything else is excellent. I was a huge fan of the book and many of its themes are not touched upon heavily but they squeeze in the core story and nearly every detail of the story itself.

unarchived

Low rep power
Amazing film, gonna go see it again in imax this weekend. If I had to criticize it at all I would say the first 30 minutes felt kinda slow but once it picks up it doesnt let off throttle. Seeing the scene with Paul and the sandworm in imax was exhilarating and the use of infrared for the Geidi prime scene was nothing less than genius

Last edited:

Mooop

Low rep power
Amazing film, gonna go see it again in imax this weekend. If I had to criticize it at all I would say the first 30 minutes felt kinda slow but once it picks up it doesnt let off throttle. Seeing the scene with Paul and the sanworm in imax was exhilarating and the use of infrared for the Geidi prime scene was nothing less than genius
I didnt know they used infrared to make that scene. Knife fighting is thrilling to watch. Especially when they had no music in the final knife fight. Gas

Groyp

Low rep power
"But ur not the Muad'Dib Paul, and I did eat breakfast..."
GJoFEqPXMAAPXyA.jpg

Clovis

Low rep power
I did not care for the armor designs at all. Harkonnen armor was whatever, but all the main characters look silly because stillsuits look silly and boring. They needed more cloaks. I also think desert backdrops are boring, but there's not much you can do about that and it doesn't really take away from the movie. Otherwise, I thought it was quite good. The book is obviously better and some significant things are outright absent, but what was in the movie was pretty consistent with the original material. The casting was all over the place, and I wish they did not make the Fremen such a bizarre hodge-podge of peoples, but the main characters besides Chani are nearly perfectly cast. Action-wise, the battle at the end was mediocre but the setup for it was pretty cool and other action scenes were impressive. The movie is excellently supplemented by its in-your-face cinematic decisions as well as more subtle design choices, from weapon SFX to the cleanliness of certain things and places.
They have a pretty solid framework for the next film, although Anna Taylor-Joy is an... interesting choice for Alia.

$lave

Staff member
High rep power
Sure I still need to watch it