career anxiety general

DonDon Patch

Staff member
High rep power
1696533487561493.jpg

without doxing yourself, discuss the pains of living under late stage kkkapitalism in amerikkka, where the filthy indians have taken all our jerbs. :smog:

i would rank being homeless as mid-tier, personally.

DonDon Patch

Staff member
High rep power
God Tier: NEET (sustained by neetbux or crypto scams)

Top Tier: NEET (living with parents)

Mid Tier: NEET (homeless)

Low Tier: Wagie (making over $300,000/year)

Shit Tier: Wagie (making less than $300,000/year)

resu

Low rep power
I am about to graduate with a doctorate and a residency lined up and am definitely not a NEET living with my parents

goocubelets

Low rep power
I'm in my latter years of Electrical Engineering school and I have decent prospects in regards to continued work with controls systems for wastewater back near my hometown. I could live a life like that, but honestly the stagnation and mediocrity of the people in my small beach town makes me want to try to pivot my career more towards the semiconductor industry.

DonDon Patch

Staff member
High rep power
I'm in my latter years of Electrical Engineering school and I have decent prospects in regards to continued work with controls systems for wastewater back near my hometown. I could live a life like that, but honestly the stagnation and mediocrity of the people in my small beach town makes me want to try to pivot my career more towards the semiconductor industry.
that sounds really boring but thank you for sharing :flower:

Boober

Low rep power
I got diagnosed with a chronic illness during my junior year of my CS degree. I lost my internship and barely scraped by the rest of college. It's over a year out from my graduation, and I haven't even tried to get a job. My lack of experience and my difficulties managing my illness make it feel impossible to get a job. I keep telling my parents I'll figure something out, but really I've grown to despise programming altogether. I just plan to live off of them indefinitely. I am a neet.

mochi

High rep power
i make about $15k a year and there is no way out and never will be and if i don't get into japan (2 possible career options, one is the obvious choice of english teaching) then nothing will ever change but i won't get into japan because that's too convenient and nothing good ever happens

DonDon Patch

Staff member
High rep power
I got diagnosed with a chronic illness during my junior year of my CS degree. I lost my internship and barely scraped by the rest of college. It's over a year out from my graduation, and I haven't even tried to get a job. My lack of experience and my difficulties managing my illness make it feel impossible to get a job. I keep telling my parents I'll figure something out, but really I've grown to despise programming altogether. I just plan to live off of them indefinitely. I am a neet.
you remind me of my tohno-chan niggas :pipe:

DonDon Patch

Staff member
High rep power
i make about $15k a year and there is no way out and never will be and if i don't get into japan (2 possible career options, one is the obvious choice of english teaching) then nothing will ever change but i won't get into japan because that's too convenient and nothing good ever happens
my goal is to at least buy properties in japan because they are cheap
you can hang out in them for free while i'm not there