Thoughts on Nick Land?

$lave

Staff member
High rep power
Do you love him? Do you hate him? Have you enjoyed his books?

mochi

High rep power
i love his writing but i don't know what 90% of it actually means and i'm not convinced most of it actually means anything

there's another book that reminds me of fanged noumena & ccru writings 97-03 somewhat in that it's borderline incomprehensible and all TECHNOSUPER ULTRA CYBERFUTURE, called blood electric by kenji siratori. but that one's nowhere near as popular so there aren't 100 blogs trying to tell you the politics of it yet so anything you say about it has to be figured it by your own brain instead of repeating what other people say

haven't read any of k-punk's stuff yet though, but i know it's a lot more blatantly political . if it's written "normally" though then i probably won't have any interest in it cause then it's just a bunch of gay books about capitalism or whatever. i think all very smart people can agree that how cool something is is far more important than how much it means or what it's actually saying

DonDon Patch

Staff member
High rep power
i like his music
he seems overrated as a Thinker

$lave

Staff member
High rep power
i love his writing but i don't know what 90% of it actually means and i'm not convinced most of it actually means anything

there's another book that reminds me of fanged noumena & ccru writings 97-03 somewhat in that it's borderline incomprehensible and all TECHNOSUPER ULTRA CYBERFUTURE, called blood electric by kenji siratori. but that one's nowhere near as popular so there aren't 100 blogs trying to tell you the politics of it yet so anything you say about it has to be figured it by your own brain instead of repeating what other people say

haven't read any of k-punk's stuff yet though, but i know it's a lot more blatantly political . if it's written "normally" though then i probably won't have any interest in it cause then it's just a bunch of gay books about capitalism or whatever. i think all very smart people can agree that how cool something is is far more important than how much it means or what it's actually saying
i'll check it out. great point with that last part.

$lave

Staff member
High rep power
Paul Town said his writing sucks :thingken:
I’ve seen that. Not sure if that’s becuz he’s glazed so much in comparison 2 the quality of his writing or if he thinks it’s just bad writing. I haven’t read much by him tbh